How to give us your feedback

We (the Department of Seniors, Disability Services and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships) are collecting your personal information for managing your complaint in accordance with our complaints management policy.

We want to hear your feedback – good or bad – to help us ensure we are delivering a quality service to the community.

Give us a compliment

To tell us about something we’ve done well, you can submit a compliment by:

Make a complaint

Complaints about the department or a funded service provider

Complaints are best resolved at the local level, so in the first instance please contact the team or area you have been dealing with.

If your complaint can’t be resolved or you are unhappy with the response to your complaint, please contact our Complaints and Investigations Unit:

  • phone 1800 491 467 (free call)
  • email
  • complete the online complaints form
  • post your feedback to:
    Complaints and Investigations Unit
    Department of Seniors, Disability Services and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships
    GPO Box 806, Brisbane Qld 4001

Write down everything relevant to the matter in the order in which it happened. Make sure you include a description of what happened, dates, phone calls, letters and meetings. Let us know the outcome you are seeking or the action you want us to take.

A complaint about a decision or action of the department must be made no later than 12 months after the complainant was notified or made aware of the decision or action. Complaints made outside this period will only be reviewed if the department considers that exceptional circumstances warrant consideration of the out-of-time complaint.

NDIS complaints

NDIS participants can contact the NDIS directly about issues relating to their plan or if they are dissatisfied with the services they are receiving from the NDIS.

NDIS participants who have a concern about a NDIS service provider can make a complaint directly to the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission.

We will provide and pay for professional interpreting services for clients who have difficulties communicating in English, and can also arrange for interpreters in Auslan and other sign languages when required. Find out more about interpreter and translator services.

Privacy complaints

A privacy complaint may relate to the collection, management, use, disclosure or overseas transfer of your personal information (e.g. your name and address is given to a third party who does not have any involvement with your case). Privacy complaints must be made in writing. If you believe that we haven’t handled your information appropriately, then please complete this Privacy complaint form (DOCX, 164 KB) and let us know about your concerns. Once you have completed the form, please email

If you need help completing the form, please contact us either through 1800 080 464 or email

Human rights complaints

Complaints under the Human Rights Act 2019 (Human Rights Act) can only be made about alleged breaches that have occurred after 1 January 2020.

The Human Rights Act requires public entities including the Department of Seniors, Disability Services and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships, to act in a way that is compatible with human rights obligations when delivering services and interacting with the community.

There are 23 human rights set out in the Human Rights Act.

If you believe that the department has breached your human rights, you can make a complaint directly to the department through our complaints process.

The department has 45 days to respond to your complaint.

We will assess all complaints received by the department for breaches of human rights, whether you have identified a human rights concern or not.

Contact us

For all general enquiries, contact our department offices.